First announced in June at Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference, iOS 16 and iPadOS 16 are Apple’s next-generation operating systems for the iPhone and iPad. Developers and public beta testers have spent the past few months trying out new releases while Apple has been improving them, and now a full public release is just around the corner…at least for iOS 16.
On the iPhone, iOS 16 includes a completely overhauled lock screen with extensive customization features and widgets. There are new focus filters, passkeys, shared tab groups in Safari, and more.
iPadOS 16 App_i iPadOSiii iPadPadOS 16 iPad And iPadOS 16, iPadOS 16, will get the Weather app for the first time. For example, Stage Manager offers a new way to multitask with multiple nested windows and full external monitor support.
iOS 16 and iPadOS 16 also share a number of new features and changes such as app updates like Notes, Mail, Messages, Live Text, Visual Search, and Dictation improvements.
iOS 16 release date and time
iOS 16 and iPadOS 16 became available to registered members of the Apple Developer Program right after the WWDC keynote on June 7, and Apple released the public beta on July 11.
Apple originally said that iOS 16 and iPadOS 16 would be officially released in “fall” 2022, without specifying a specific date. Since then, Apple confirmed at its “Far Out” media event in September that iOS 16 will be available on Monday 12th September. Apple’s iOS releases usually happen around 10:00 AM PT, but Apple hasn’t announced an exact time for the release of iOS 16.
Assuming 10:00 AM a typical Pacific launch time, iOS 16 will be available around these times worldwide:
- Honolulu, HI – 7:00 AM HAST
- Anchorage, Alaska – 9:00 AM EST
- Cupertino, CA – 10:00 AM PDT
- Phoenix, AZ – 10:00 AM GMT
- Vancouver, Canada – 10:00 AM PDT
- Denver, Colorado – 11:00 a.m. GMT
- Dallas, TX – 12:00 noon CST
- New York, NY – 1:00 PM EST
- Toronto, Canada – 1:00 PM EST
- Halifax, Canada – 2:00 PM ADT
- Rio de Janeiro, Brazil – 2:00 PM Brazilian time
- London, UK – 6:00 PM GMT
- Berlin, Germany – 7:00 PM CEST
- Paris, France – 7:00 PM CEST
- Cape Town, South Africa – 7:00 PM EST
- Moscow, Russia – 8:00 PM Moscow time
- Helsinki, Finland – 8:00 p.m. EDT
- Istanbul, Turkey – 8:00 PM TRT
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates – 9:00 pm GST
- Delhi, India – 10:30 PM IST
- Jakarta, Indonesia – 12:00 AM the next day WIB
- Shanghai, China – 1:00 AM CET the next day
- Singapore – 1:00 am the next day Singapore time
- Perth, Australia – 1:00 a.m. the next day
- Hong Kong – 1:00 a.m. Hong Kong time the next day
- Seoul, South Korea – 2:00 AM the next day KST
- Tokyo, Japan – 2:00 AM JST the next day
- Adelaide, Australia – 2:30 a.m. EDT the next
- Sydney, Australia – 3:00 AM the following day EST
- Auckland, New Zealand – 5:00 AM the next day New Zealand time
in early August, Bloomberg It reported that Apple was planning to delay the iPadOS 16 launch until October, which means that the iPad software won’t be launched alongside the new iOS as it usually does. Apple has since confirmed it iPadOS 16 will actually launch sometime in Octobera few weeks after the release of iOS 16.
iOS 16is compatible with iPhone 8 and later, while iPadOS 16Fifty TheAnd To’]Compatible”]