This week, Apple introduced its new Series 8 wearables as well as the new Apple Watch Ultra designed for harsh environments and outdoor adventurers. If you are lucky enough to upgrade your Apple Watch to one of the new models recently launched by Apple and need to unpair your old Apple Watch from your iPhone. This quick guide will take you through the process Unpair and erase your old Apple Watch Ready to resell or give to a family member or friend. Fortunately, Apple makes the pairing process very simple and you can restore a file Apple Watch to factory settings.
Remember your transit cards
Please note before you begin the unpairing process. If you use a transit card in wallet app On your Apple Watch, you need this Remove the transit card from your watch before unpairing it with your iPhone.
To remove the transit card from your watch, simply open wallet app on your watch and select the card you wish to remove, then scroll down to the bottom of this screen and select Removal and options. This will Remove the card from the Apple Watch But not your iPhone. You are now ready to go ahead with unpairing your watch with your iPhone.
Unpair Apple Watch from iPhone
To unpair your old Apple Watch with your iPhone. You need both devices to be in it close to each other. Once they are, follow the instructions below and don’t stray too far between them.
1. Open Administrator Apple Watch app on your iPhone and select File my watch Tab windows.
2. Select an option all watches
3. Press info icon On the right side of what you want to unpair with your iPhone
4. At the bottom of this screen you will see in red the ability to “Unpair your Apple WatchSelect this.
5. If you have a cellular plan tied to your watch, you have two options. If you want to pair your Apple Watch and iPhone again, keep your plan or simply remove your plan if you don’t want to pair your Apple Watch and iPhone again.
6. Confirm your choice and enter a file apple id Password to authenticate your decision.
7. This may take some time as Apple will create a backup of your watch data
8. Once completed, you can now set up your new Apple Watch with your iPhone
Erase your Apple Watch
Once you have successfully unpaired your Apple Watch from your iPhone, you can now delete all content, apps, and settings from your watch and return it to its factory settings. To do this on your watch.
1. Go to Settings app and select General
2. Select Reset then erase all content and settings.
3. You may be asked to enter Password to verify
4. Once again you will be asked if you want to keep or remove a file cellular plan If you have one enabled on your watch
5. Once you are happy to proceed, click erase all Option to perform the scanning process
6. Your Apple Watch is now Factory reset And ready to sell or gift to another family member or friend.
Set up a new Apple Watch
To set up your new Apple Watch, you’ll need to have an iPhone 6s or later with iOS 15 or later. Before you start installing your new Apple Watch, it is highly recommended that you update to the latest version of Apple iOS.
1. Turn on Apple Watch By pressing and holding the side button until you see the Apple logo
2. Hold your new watch close to your iPhone. You will then see a message “Use your iPhone to set up your Apple Watch“
3. Press Complete buttons. If you do not see the message, go to the Watch app on your iPhone and then to All Watches and select the option “Pair a new watch“
4. Make sure to keep the watch and iPhone close together during the setup process
5. Follow the on-screen instructions and choose the settings according to your preference
6. Create a file pass code
7. Setting Apple Pay Using the on-screen prompts
8. Install the watch you want Applications
9. Wait for your iPhone and Apple Watch to sync completely, it may take a few minutes.
If you’re still interested in learning more about how to set up or unpair your Apple Watch, it’s a good idea to head over to the administrator Apple Support Website where you can request additional assistance if needed.
Filed under: Apple, Guides, Top News