Jakarta, duniafintech.com – Pet insurance is a form of protection that will be given to a pet.
In recent years, a number of pet insurances have become increasingly popular. In this case, owners are starting to pay more attention to their pets by purchasing a pet insurance policy that can provide protection in the form of veterinary care, the risk of theft, and others.
Well, for those of you who are interested in buying insurance on this one, let’s take a look at the reviews below, as adapted from koala.
Read alsoIncome insurance and the difference with other insurances
Understanding pet insurance
Pet insurance or pet insurance is a type of insurance that protects pets from certain risks. The risks covered by pet insurance are varied as well, ranging from permanent total disability or accidental risk to death.
Well, although some forms of protection are similar, the meaning and use of pet insurance is different from life insurance or health insurance for humans. The reason is that this pet insurance is a derivative of a property insurance product that is adjusted to the needs of pet owners.
The types of animals that can be registered for insurance are usually pets, such as dogs, cats, fish and pet birds. However, a number of types of exotic animals that are allowed to be kept can also be insured, including:
- Parrots and other large birds
- Small birds such as parrots, lovebirds and cockatiels
- bird of prey
- All kinds of turtles
- Guinea pigs and other harmless small mammals
- Medium-sized exotic mammals, such as Pygmy Goats and others
- Various types of lizards, such as geckos, iguanas and anoles
- non-venomous snake
- Exotic animals classified as protected rare animals can be insured if they are kept after proof that they were not obtained illegally as evidenced by obtaining a permit from the Natural Resources Conservation Center
In addition to domestic pets and exotic animals, a number of companies also provide livestock insurance. As for the policy itself, in general, there are two types of policies, namely:
- Other than for life (not for life) that provides protection to pets under certain conditions and periods of time. Usually, this type of policy is used by animal owners who keep animals for commercial purposes
- Lifetime is a type of policy that protects pets during life and death circumstances. This policy includes coverage of pet burial costs
Pet Insurance Recommendations in Indonesia
For those looking for the best pet insurance, here are some recommendations you can consider.
1. Sinar Mas Simas Pet Insurance
Sinar Mas is known to have pet insurance called Simas Pet Insurance. This product can be given to pets such as dogs and cats. Covered risks include violent theft and accidental death as well as legal liability for third parties.
At Simas Pet Insurance, there are 6 guarantee packages available and each package has a different coverage value, starting from a maximum of IDR 500,000 to IDR 50 million. Regarding the age of the animal, this insurance guarantees a minimum age from 0 months to 15 years to apply for a new policy and from 4 to 8 years to renew the policy.
Here are some of the provisions Simas Pet Insurance has in place for its customers:
- In addition to Package 5 (a package for dogs other than Stambum), every dog registered for insurance must have a Stambum
- Especially for cats must have a certificate
- Valid in all regions of Indonesia and in pet-friendly locations
- The value of the insurance is determined by looking at the receipt of the purchase of the animal. If the receipt is lost, the cost of coverage will depend on the rate set by the insurance partner
- The pet employer also shares the agreed upon claim fee of 20%.
- In the first policy, the age of the animal should be from 0 to 15 years max
For requirements in the form of documents, the following must be prepared before registering and submitting a claim:
- Completed Claim Form
- Insurance and authentication document
- For Dog Insurance Required Stambum (Original)
- For cats, an ICA . certification is required
- Purchase Receipt
Meanwhile, filing a claim for each of the three events covered, namely accidental death, theft and liability to third parties, requires additional different documents.
2. Pet Insurance House
The next recommendation is Rumah Polis Pet Insurance, which is part of PAIB Insurance in the Indonesian region and which also cooperates with Adira Insurance.
There are three insurance packages they offer and each package is set at different premiums ranging from Rs 25,000 to Rs 1.25 million per year. As for the benefits that can be obtained, Rumah Polis Pet Insurance also provides several policy guarantees to its clients, including:
- Compensation for the death of pets caused by an accident
- Funeral or cremation compensation for pets who died in accidents
- Medical and surgical costs to animals due to accidents
- For the risk of violent disappearance, there is compensation for advertising costs and rewards for research efforts
- Reimbursement for hospitalization costs if pets have to be hospitalized in the clinic
- Third party legal liability
Here are some of the conditions that must be accepted by Rumah Polis customers who register their animals:
- The insured is an individual and not a legal entity
- Income of the insured pet minimum age of 6 months and no more than 8 years
- Registered pets must have a certificate or official identification from the approved institution
- Complete pet data, starting with name, gender, age, animal type, certificate number and other required data
- picture of a faithful pet
- At the time of insurance closure, the pet must be in good health, not suffering physical injury, and not in a state of behavioral problems or under veterinary care.
- Valid only in Indonesia and uses rupiah currency
- Use of the payment system
- Coverage period as stated in the policy summary
3. Vigo pet insurance
Finally, you can choose Figo Pet Insurance Indonesia. The headquarters of the company is located in the United States, specifically in Chicago. In fact, they also have a special smartphone app that can be downloaded easily. With this app, you can access many needed help, from a 24-hour vet ready for emergencies, and reminders that tell you when it’s time for your pet to do things to do for the insurance claim feature.
Read also: Commercial Insurance is: Product List Benefits
The following items are covered by Vigo Pet Insurance:
- Insured pet consultation and examination fee
- Emergency and inpatient facilities
- surgery cost
- Treatment of congenital and hereditary diseases, including cancer and orthopedics
- Chronic cases coverage
The provisions that apply here are more or less the same as the previous two companies, but there is a difference in age. This is because the first pet registered with Figo Pet Insurance is at least 8 weeks old or more.
Uniquely, there is no upper age limit here. However, there is a need to follow the doctor’s advice regarding your pet’s health if you wish to extend the policy when the animal reaches 8 to 10 years of age.
Pet insurance benefits
- Covering pet health care costs
- Covering the expenses of the death of the pet
- Pet theft insurance
- Covering medical costs for victims injured by pets
- Pet insurance for things damaged by pets
- Fee for pet care in the nursery
How to buy pet insurance
- Select the insurance company that best suits you and your pet’s needs. You can find out in advance through the official website of the candidate company so that you have enough consideration to choose
- You can buy online from their official website or come directly to the company office
- Prepare the required documents, such as pet certificates, stamps or other required documents
- Follow the following procedure as directed by the officer
Pet insurance premium amount
The amount of insurance premiums paid will be quite diverse and affected by many factors. First, from animal species, for example, pets such as dogs whose insurance is usually more expensive than cats.
When looking at species, mixed animals may be the cheapest to insure, while larger animals with unclear lineage may be more expensive. This is related to veterinary bills which tend to increase according to the size of the pet.
Well, of the pure races, if you look at the genetic predisposition to certain conditions, some races are more expensive to insure. In addition to the type, the age of the pet also affects the cost of the insurance premium, that is, the more expensive the age.
How to claim pet insurance
- Ask your vet for help with your pet’s problem
- Claim insurance by bringing proof of payment directly to the office of the respective insurance company, through the insurance agent or filling out an online claim form
- Payment will decrease once the claim is approved
There are plenty of pet insurance reviews that you need to know about. Buy it, come, product now!
Read alsoHow to spend car insurance: Life [Car Life] and health
Read on for the latest Indonesian fintech and crypto news only at Duniafintech.com.